Marine Skills have a wide variety of marine focussed artisan areas of expertise. Leading the forefront of these is providing a superior handfinished varnish coatings to classic craft.
Other areas include:
Painting of topsides.
Paint and Varnish supplies
Rigging services. Splicing, swaging. Supply and installation of Furlex headsail curlers. Dealers of Selden deck hardware, masts, booms and poles.
All aspects of wooden and fibreglass boat repair.
Redecking and teak deck repair.
Skippering of classic vessels
What We've Achieved
- Classic launch Menai had a full exterior varnish strip down and then coated to a high standard with Awlwood Clear
- Townson 32 Mahina had a recaulking of her teak decks and a full interior and cabin top repaint.
- The J Class Endeavour was varnished by a Marine Skills team at the Yachting Developments yard prior to her re-launch.
- Townson 32 Sir Christopher's kauri topsides were stripped back to bare wood, repaired, treated and repainted using Altex enamel as a topcoat.
- The Feadship Alchemy had all exterior varnish over coated with Awlwood Clear in 2014
- The Linton Hope schooner Morwenna was skippered in the Med in 2013,2014 and 2015 by Robin Kenyon as part of the Panerai Classic Yacht regatta circuit.
- Classic A Class yacht Prize is raced, cruised and maintained all within the family, as she has been for the last 90 years.
- Andre Hoek superyachts Adele, Kealoha and Erica XII were varnished with Epifanes woodfinish gloss.